from the State Medical Board of Ohio
COVID-19 and Telemedicine Guidance
Statement on COVID-19 for Licensees
With coronavirus disease COVID-19 now active in Ohio, it is important for medical professionals to have the latest information.
For specific information for health care professionals, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s web page for health care professionals. For Ohio-specific information, visit the Ohio Department of Health and for international information, visit the World Health Organization’s web page regarding coronavirus disease.
Healthcare professionals are encouraged to take every day preventative actions to stay healthy:
• Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth
• Stay home when sick
• Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
• Cover coughs or sneezes with a tissue and then dispose of the tissue
• Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
• Follow public health advice regarding social distancing measures
The State Medical Board of Ohio has received numerous inquiries regarding telemedicine regulations. Please see guidance below for quick reference. Detailed information can be found in the Medical Board’s rules.
Practicing telemedicine in Ohio overview (PDF)
Printable packet regarding the Medical Board’s Telemedicine Regulations (PDF)